- Friday 9/23 from 5:30p-8:30p: Momentum Business Plan Pitch!
- at West Shore Community College (3000 N Stiles Rd, Scottville, Michigan 49454)
- The Makers Market is a Top Five Finalist for the Momentum Business Plan Competition! Shark Tank style, we will be pitching LIVE to compete for a $50,000 grant to help us launch the next steps of growth for your community makerspace. Please join us - We need your presence and support to help cheer us on!
- Friday 9/23 from 6p-8p: Zonta Ladies Night Out - Team tasks at the Makers Market
- Join us for an exciting night out that combines the fun of completing simple team tasks, shopping, and an afterglow party at Ludington Area Center for the Arts. Put together a team of 3-5 ladies, come up with a fun team name or theme, and dress accordingly! Click here to learn more and register a team.
- Tuesday 9/27 from 5:30p-7:30p: Westshore Inventor & Entrepreneur Network (W!N) Meeting
- Come help brainstorm and prototype a suspension device for a Ludington local who, as a result of a car accident, has suffered an incomplete spinal cord injury that left him mostly paralyzed from the waist down. Free, ideas welcomed, and everyone is invited to attend.
- Octoberfest at the Makers Market! Learn more from Downtown Ludington
- Friday 10/7 from 4p-5:30p: Maker Meetup! In partnership with The Fife Lake Makersplace, The Makers Market will be hosting special guest, Joel Leonard, for a meet and greet. Joel is a frequent contributor to "Make:" and he is here to help support Northern Michigan's Maker Movement!
- Friday 10/7 from 6p-10p: Mobile Maker Pub Crawl! We'll be mobile with Joel Leonard and Fife Lake Friends for games and other Maker Merriment at the Sportsman's / Mitten / Barley & Rye complex. Pub Games provided by the Makers Market will challenge you to be creative using tools and you noggin!
- Sat. 10/8 from 1p-3p: Chili Walk, Gourd Carving and Ofrendas! We'll have dried gourds onsite for this drop-in carving workshop, while supplies last. Workshop fee is $10 and the chili is free! The celebration continues as we take you to Mexico and Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) to build a community Ofrenda (gratitude gifts)! This program spans the month of October - Now scheduling Field Trips for this special program.
What it is:
The Makers Market is a community workshop, also known as a makerspace. We provide the space, tools and equipment for you to make your creation, innovation or repair. Drop in and get your hands dirty, or become a Maker Member. Visit maker studios and shop the gallery. Teach stuff. Learn stuff. Make stuff!
How it works:
Use our tools and communal space to complete a project in wood, metal, plastics, electronics, ceramics (coming June 1st!), paint, textiles and more. Bring a project from home or build it from scratch...art, DIY, innovations, carpentry, repairs and more. Some materials and supplies are provided to Members, and anyone needing to use the "big" tools must have an orientation.
Daily and monthly passes available, or get an annual Maker Membership. It works just like a gym...pay a small fee and get access to the facility, tools and equipment during business hours. Anyone may complete a Pop-in Project, available for a novice or family activity and priced per kit. Community Build Projects are always free to participate, if you're willing to roll up your sleeves and lend some labor!
What's going on:
Where we are: