- Thurs. 8/25 from 5p-8p: Do-It-Yourself EXPO
- A FREE event of demonstrations and hands-on activities to teach simple home repair skills and project tips. Featuring stations for drywall repair, tool and knife sharpening, plumbing, pallet projects, upcycling and dryer repair. Drawings will be held for participants to win free tools another do-it-yourself items. Check it out on Facebook
- Thurs. 8/25 from 4:30p-7:30p: Furniture Painting Class
- Bring a piece of furniture from home, and at the end of the class, you'll have a fabulous new-looking piece of furniture. Instruction by Redeemed Furniture Decor and More! Sign up here
- Thurs. 9/1 from 5:30p-8p: Cornhole Game Construction Workshop
- You’ll learn basic woodworking tools by creating a full-sized cornhole game set at the Makers Market! Fee is $150 ($130 Makers Mkt Members) per set constructed and includes all materials and instruction. Preregistration required. Learn more and signup here!
- Thurs. 9/8 from 5:30p-8p: Metal Forging Workshop
- Come learn metal forging by making four (4) BBQ skewers at the Makers Market! Also known as "blacksmithing," you'll learn techniques to twist and turn steel into skewers. Workshop fee is $40 ($35 members) and includes materials. Preregistration required. Learn more and signup here!
What it is:
The Makers Market is a community workshop, also known as a makerspace. We provide the space, tools and equipment for you to make your creation, innovation or repair. Drop in and get your hands dirty, or become a Maker Member. Visit maker studios and shop the gallery. Teach stuff. Learn stuff. Make stuff!
How it works:
Use our tools and communal space to complete a project in wood, metal, plastics, electronics, ceramics (coming June 1st!), paint, textiles and more. Bring a project from home or build it from scratch...art, DIY, innovations, carpentry, repairs and more. Some materials and supplies are provided to Members, and anyone needing to use the "big" tools must have an orientation.
Daily and monthly passes available, or get an annual Maker Membership. It works just like a gym...pay a small fee and get access to the facility, tools and equipment during business hours. Anyone may complete a Pop-in Project, available for a novice or family activity and priced per kit. Community Build Projects are always free to participate, if you're willing to roll up your sleeves and lend some labor!
What's going on:
Where we are: